The best seller is one who is highly motivated. A highly motivated seller is more likely to sell at a price that is less than his or her house is actually worth. And it matters that you find out why. Learning the reason why can help you get the price you want and help the seller get what they want: a timely sale.
- They stall on having the home appraised or inspected.
- They are unable to clear up liens against their property.
- They do not own 100% of their property.
- They push back the move-out date.
- They do not have a replacement property or backup plan.
It is impossible to find the perfect seller. But it is possible to find out which sellers are legit and which ones aren’t.